Wild Mushroom Soup
This Wild Mushroom Soup recipe is for the mushroom lovers out there! It is delicious, quick and easy to make, and packed with lots of mushroom goodness. Did you know that mushrooms are not only yummy but are also healthy due to the abundance of nutrients and vitamins they contain? Mushrooms are protein-packed little creatures, fat-free, plus they hardly have any carbohydrates but are full of fibre, iron, vitamin D and Calcium. Wild mushrooms are my favourite; I adore their earthy flavour, unique texture, and the (almost) endless shapes and forms that they come in. I just find mushrooms in general fascinating, so you would probably see me in the woods taking pictures of them! I hope you will try this Wild Mushroom Soup recipe and enjoy it as much as we did. 😊
Wild Mushroom Soup
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20-30 minutes
- 400g wild mushrooms
- 130g button mushrooms
- 2 small potatoes
- ½ shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 L vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean and roughly chop up the wild and button mushrooms, the shallot, and the potatoes.
2. Place the chopped potatoes, shallot, garlic, and button mushrooms into a large pot. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the wild mushrooms, lemon thyme, season with salt and pepper, and fry until the mushrooms become soft.
4. Add half of the fried wild mushrooms to the soup and let it simmer for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
5. Blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Add a little more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
6. Stir the rest of the wild mushrooms into the soup or serve them on a crispy toast as we did.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen