These Vegan Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes were born last weekend as a "substitute" for our traditional Sunday pancakes during our Veganuary Challenge, and I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you! 😊 They are perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, light and fluffy inside, and naturally sweet, so no syrups are needed. We sprinkled them with some cinnamon sugar as a serving suggestion but honestly, no added-sugar required for this one! ♥️
Vegan Apple & Cinnamon Pancakes
Prep time: 5min
Total time: 15min
Servings: 14 pancakes
- 2 medium apples
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 5 tbsp warm water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml oat milk or other plant-based milk
- coconut oil for cooking
1. To make ‘flax eggs’, add the ground flaxseed meal to a small bowl and mix in the warm water. Set it aside for a few of minutes.
2. Peel the apples, remove the stems, and grate them into a medium bowl. Add the flax eggs, plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and oat milk as well and combine until the mixture is free of lumps. Leave your pancake mix to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Heat up a frying pan to a medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Add 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake, spreading them with the back of your spoon.
4. Cook each side for a couple of minutes or until golden brown. 5. Serve with fresh fruits and your favourite syrup, or with cinnamon sugar as we did here.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen