5 ingredients, 5 steps. These Savoury Potato Pancakes are quick and easy to make and so yummy! Inspired by one of my childhood favourites, we would make large, tortilla-sized pancakes for a light lunch or as a snack. Now, I thought to bake smaller pieces and stack them up to make them look prettier. Here, we served some potato pancakes with a dollop of dairy-free lemon and chive yoghurt, while dipped the rest into fresh guacamole. They work well with a garlic dip, too. Yet, I think they are the best on their own!
Savoury Potato Pancakes
PREP TIME: 5min
TOTAL TIME: 30min
SERVINGS: 16 pancakes
- 500g potatoes (or leftover mashed potato)
- 150-170g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 30ml olive or veg oil, or butter
- veg oil for cooking
1. Clean the potatoes and cook them in salty water. Once cooked, mash the potatoes and let them cool completely. I like to do this the day before I’m making these pancakes.
2. Add the mashed potatoes into a large bowl, followed by the eggs, olive oil, 1 tsp of salt and plain flour. Mix all the ingredients, don’t be afraid to use your hands! If the mixture seems too wet, add some more flour. Aim for a nice firm dough (but not too firm) that does not stick to your hands.
3. Once your pancake dough has come together, transfer it onto a generously floured surface, and divide it into 16 balls.
4. Heat 1tsp veg oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
5. Start rolling out the little dough balls into 0.5cm (0.2in) thick pancakes and add them to the frying pan. Cook each pancake for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Tip: These Savoury Potato Pancakes are delicious with a dollop of lemon and chive yoghurt. We used dairy-free, Greek-style for ours. Alternatively, dip them into fresh guacamole.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen