Quick Blueberry Muffins
Hello friend, welcome back! It's been a while since I last posted here, but "life happened", and I just never seemed to have time to bake or cook something special and blog about it. Nevertheless, I am back now with new recipes that I would love to share with you. It is the first day of October (of course, I can't believe it's the second month of autumn already!), and I feel like 'tis the season to start baking again! 😊 Filling our apartment with the smell of baked goods warms up not only the kitchen but our hearts too. You know me, I always say that baking makes a place feel like home!
Anyhow, let's talk about these Quick Blueberry Muffins. I got this recipe from my dear friend, and I loved it so much that I already made it twice! When naming the recipe for this post, I cheated a little bit since I actually filled them with bilberries. But I know that no one ever would search for 'bilberries', so I simply called these blueberry muffins. Do not worry though, they are the same thing! Bilberries are the tiny, fragile, wild blueberries that you can find in the forests. While blueberries are the ones that you can purchase in the supermarkets. Bilberries are smaller in size, but they have an intense flavour! I added a couple of photos below in the gallery to show the difference between the two. 🫐
Naturally, you can substitute them with blueberries for this recipe. They both work well, and they are both in season. These Quick Blueberry Muffins are ready in no time. All you have to do is mix everything together, scoop the batter into the muffin cases and bake until golden brown. Enjoy! 😉
Quick Blueberry Muffins
PREP TIME: 5 min
TOTAL TIME: 20-25 min
SERVINGS: 12 muffins
- 200g plain flour
- 120g sugar
- 12g baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100-120ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 6.
2. Line a muffin tray with paper cases or prepare 12 silicone muffin cases and set them aside.
3. Add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well. Lightly beat the egg and pour it into the bowl along with the other wet ingredients.
4. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and the fresh blueberries.
5. Scoop the batter into the muffin cases, place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Once ready, transfer the muffins onto a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving. These muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen