Peanut Butter Cookies
Quick and easy mid-week snacks, these Peanut Butter Cookies are a real crowd-pleaser. So soft, crumbly, and very "peanutty", while the aroma of the orange zest gives you the impression of biting into a slice of PB and marmalade toast but even better. It is a must-try recipe if you are a peanut butter lover or if you live with one! ♥️ You are only 1 bowl and 30 minutes away from savouring these low-sugar, dairy-free and vegan Peanut Butter Cookies! 😃 Scroll down to the gallery for tips on how to make it non-vegan if you prefer. 🍪
Peanut Butter Cookies
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
SERVINGS: 15 cookies
- 100g peanut butter
- 100g vegan butter
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g vegan chocolate
- 40g vegan double cream
- chopped peanut for decoration (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
2. Prepare the flax egg by mixing the ground flax meal with the 3 tbsp water in a small bowl and set it aside for a few minutes.
3. Add the peanut butter, vegan butter, and sugar to a bowl and mix until well-combined.
4. Stir in the flax egg, apple sauce, orange zest, then add the baking powder and pour the lemon juice over the baking powder to activate it.
5. Finally, add the flour and mix it in until you obtain a smooth dough.
6. With the help of a spoon, scoop out some dough and form walnut-size balls with your hands.
7. Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, if using, pop some chopped peanut on top of each ball, and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
8. For the chocolate drizzle, heat the double cream until it boils, pour it over the chocolate, and mix until combined.
9. Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies with a fork and let the chocolate set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: For a non-vegan version of these Peanut Butter Cookies, simply replace the flax egg and apple sauce with an egg, and use your favourite butter instead of the vegan one 🍪
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen