Whether or not you have a long list of New Year's resolutions, these No Bake Energy Bars with Almonds and Dates will help you keep going! They are a great addition to any lunchbox. They are sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth, but at the same time, they are healthy. These delicious bars require less than ten ingredients and are ready in less than five steps. I love these simple snacks: no preservatives, no plastic packaging, no processed sugar, only raw, natural ingredients. I like having them for breakfast with my Alpro yoghurt, fresh berries or an apple. Or with a cup of black coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up.
No Bake Energy Bars with Almonds and Dates
PREP TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 20 min
SERVINGS: 12 bars
- 150g almonds
- 50g mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 100g soft dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- a pinch of salt
1. Blend the almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a food processor/chopper for about a minute or until coarsely chopped.
2. Add the dates, cacao powder, coconut oil and salt to the chopped nut and seed mixture, and blend, until well combined.
3. Transfer the mixture onto a chopping board and shape it into a slab with your hands. Sprinkle the top of your slab with desiccated coconut and press it gently so that it sticks to the slab. Turn it over and repeat on the other side.
4. Cut the slab into finger-sized bars and enjoy. Store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Wrap these bars in parchment paper, add a cute string and gift some to a friend/ family member. They are the perfect little pick-me-ups during the long winter days!
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen