No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake (Gluten- and Sugar-free)
Bring a little sunshine to the weekend with this creamy and light No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake (Gluten- and Sugar-free)! Both the dark and white layers have a velvety texture, while the base adds a little crunchiness to it. I have sweetened this cheesecake with Stevia so it is lower in calories, while the base is gluten-free, as I replaced the traditional biscuit base with nuts and dates. The dates help the nuts stick together and give the cheesecake a nice flavour and natural sweetness. I used summer berries to decorate this No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake but there's no need for toppings because honestly, this dessert is perfect at any time of the year! Thanks to my dear friend for the recipe ❤️
No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake (Gluten- & sugar-free)
Prep time: 40 min Total time: 4 hrs 40 min (or longer if refrigerated overnight) Servings: 10-12
INGREDIENTS Nut base: · 1 – 1 ½ cup mixed nuts · 6 Medjool or 10 smaller dates · 2-3 tbsp coconut oil (melted) · 1 tsp lime zest Cheesecake: · 500g mascarpone or other cream cheese (room temperature) · 1 tub double cream (284ml) · 3 tbsp Stevia or you can use sugar instead · zest and juice from 1 lime · 3 gelatine leaves · 4-5 tbsp hot water · 100g dark chocolate
· 100g white chocolate
· fruits of your choice (or nuts, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, etc)
1. Line a 20cm (8’’) round springform cake tin with parchment paper.
2. Place the nuts into a food processor and blend for 1 minute. Add the dates (If you are using smaller dates, soak them in hot water first for a couple of minutes.), and the melted coconut oil and blend for another minute. The mixture should be well-combined at this point and ready to be transferred to the tin. Press the mixture into the tin, until it evenly covers the bottom, and set it aside.
1. Add the gelatine leaves to a bowl of cold water and let them soak.
2. Whip the double cream in another bowl until soft peaks form and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone, Stevia, lime zest and lime juice until well-combined. Gently fold in the whipped double cream, then transfer half of the mixture to a new bowl.
4. Melt the dark and white chocolate separately and let them cool slightly.
5. While the chocolate cools, squeeze the excess water from the gelatine leaves out and place them into a small bowl. Add the hot water to dissolve the gelatine leaves.
6.Gradually, add the melted dark chocolate to one of the mixtures, stirring quickly, then add the white chocolate to the other bowl using the same method.
7. Divide the melted gelatine into two and add them to the cheesecake mixtures, stirring vigorously until well-combined.
8. First pour the dark mixture into the cake tin, then scoop the white layer on the top of it and even it out. Place your cheesecake into the fridge and let it chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
9. When the cake is set, it is time to decorate with the topping of your choice, then keep it in the refrigerator. Best consumed within 3 days.
Love cheesecake? Try this No-Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake with Rhubarb Jelly 🍰
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it went in the Comments below and share a photo on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen