If you are looking for a healthier version of the "traditional" brownies or want a simple and easy yet decadent dessert, then try these No-Bake Brownies! They are ready within 15 minutes, made with raw ingredients and naturally sweetened with dates. This recipe includes some of my favourite whole foods, almonds and dates, making these brownies an almost guilt-free treat. Don't leave out the chocolatey peanut butter topping as it is a delicious addition to these No-Bake Brownies! 💕
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes (includes chilling time)
SERVINGS: 12 squares
- 220g pitted dates
- 100g ground almond
- 70g coconut flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- zest from an orange
- 9-10 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp heaped cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp date syrup
You will also need:
- min. 12x16cm tray
1. Place the pitted dates into a food processor, blend until creamy and transfer the date puree to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl as well and mix thoroughly until fully combined.
3. Line your tray with parchment paper, then scoop the brownie mixture into it. Press the mixture down firmly with the back of a tablespoon until the top is nice and even.
4. Prepare the chocolate topping by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Next, spoon the mixture onto the top of the brownie, decorate with orange zest if desired and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
5. Once chilled, cut your no-bake brownie into squares. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen