No Bake Biscuit Cake
This No Bake Biscuit Cake is one of my favourite desserts. Well, I have a few... 😊 My mom used to make this cake when I was a kid. It was a quick, easy and budget-friendly cake she could whip up in less than one hour. And so can you! There are only a few simple ingredients needed: semi-sweet or plain biscuits that you can buy in Eastern European shops and homemade coffee and chocolate buttercream. This biscuit cake is the perfect weekend wonder and it's a must for all coffee and cake lovers! 😀☕️🍰
No Bake Biscuit Cake
PREP TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 40 min
- 45 pieces of semi-sweet biscuits
- 250g vegan butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 70g raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp rum flavouring or 2tbsp cooking rum
- 50ml black coffee
- about 300ml coffee to soak the biscuits
1. Start by brewing some black coffee. Set aside and let it cool slightly.
2. To make the buttercream, add the butter to a bowl and beat on high speed for at least 5 min until pale and fluffy. Add the sugar gradually. Add a splash of coffee with every spoonful of sugar. Do not add too much coffee at once because it might cut the buttercream. Mix in the cacao powder, rum flavouring and the remaining coffee. Your buttercream is ready when it becomes light and airy.
3. Pour about 100ml coffee into a shallow bowl and start dunking your biscuits. Only dip a few biscuits at once to avoid them becoming soggy. They should be soft on the outside but crunchy on the inside.
4. To form the first layer of the cake, lay nine dipped biscuits onto a serving tray or a slate. Scoop over one-fifth of the buttercream and spread it evenly. Start dunking the biscuits for the second layer and repeat until all ingredients are used. Finish with buttercream.
5. To decorate the cake, draw waves into the top layer with a fork. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or, for best results, leave it overnight. Remove the cake from the fridge and leave it at room temperature for at least 30 min before serving.
Tip: When dunking the biscuits, use lukewarm coffee.
Click on the below to download this recipe as a free, pdf recipe card:
Enjoy it with a nice cup of coffee ☕️
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen