Updated: Jan 30, 2021
The first recipe of our Veganuary challenge is here! I thought I was totally prepared for Veganuary and had so many ideas as to what the first post in January will be, but did not expect to be so hungry today 😀 So the breakfast had to come quickly and be healthy, nutritious, delicious and vegan! The quickest thing I could think of was a smoothie. This Green Smoothie is a quick way to get some fresh fruit and leafy greens that you need on a winter day. This is just a basic recipe so feel free to add some oats or chia seeds and extra fruits to it, such as blueberries. Scroll down for further ideas to swap some of the basic ingredients of this Green Smoothie out for others.
Prep time: 5min
Total time:10 min
Serving: 2 People
- ¼ mango, cut into smaller chunks
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- juice from ½ lemon
1. Add the mango, banana, spinach, ginger, and the liquid ingredients to a blender and blitz for 2min until smooth and creamy.
2. Stop the blender and squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and pinch of salt. Blitz for another minute.
3. Check the consistency and add more liquid if needed.
4. Serve fresh in your favourite cup or take it with you on the go for a healthy and refreshing beverage.
Feel free to use whatever fruit you have at home:
- swap the mango for pineapple or kiwi
- replace the banana with an apple
- switch the spinach to kale
Have you tried this recipe or want to say hi?
I would love to hear from you 😊 Comment below and/or share a pic on Instagram with the tag: #madelaineskitchen